Auto Accident in St Louis, Missouri
Been in a Car Accident? We Can Help!! It is important that you get your spine examined by a Certified Doctor of Chiropractic immediately. Impact as slow as 5 mph can cause whiplash, which could have damaging long term effects on a spine. Call our St Louis Chiropractor office and our friendly staff will walk you through the process step by step.
What can Chiropractic do for auto accident injuries?
The auto accident that caused the whiplash in the first place may fade memory, but the physical and psychological damage of the car accident becomes chronic, eroding in a victim’s quality of life. Chiropractic techniques and chiropractors’ skill are particularly well-suited to relieving neck pain, headaches, shoulder pain, mid back pain, numbness/tingling, low back pain, fatigue and other debilitating effects of whiplash because they can:
- Restore movement lost after the auto accident
- Overcome muscle weakness and enhance muscle tone
- Speed recovery
- Reduce Pain, inflammation, muscle spasms & scar tissue
- Increase Range of motion, flexibility and strength
- Diminish chronic symptoms that can persist over many years
- Increase overall well being by stabalizing the injuries from the auto accident
Research shows effective chiropractic treatments have proved successful for many thousands of auto accident patients. A Chiropractor can, in many cases, significantly reduce patients’ distress and allow them to return to their normal activities.
What to do if you are involved in an auto accident?
Knowing who to call and what to do in the few minutes after an accident protects you and your loved ones:
- Move all involved vehicles off busy roads. Use extra care when moving injured passengers; call an ambulance, if necessary.
- Exchange names, addresses, phone numbers and insurance information with all involved parties, including any witnesses.
- Make notes of how the car accident happened while it is fresh in your mind.
- Call the police.
- Call your auto insurance company.
- Call us for an immediate consultation and examination.
Severe injuries can, and often do, result from relatively low-impact force. The fact is that many people do not notice symptoms of neck, back, arm or leg injuries–even severe injuries–for days or even weeks after an auto accident.
The longer you wait to get examined, the longer it can take to restore your health. It is important to have a physical exam immediately following any accident, even if the accident seemed minor.
Seemingly minor spinal injuries often go undetected by routine emergency medical examinations. If left untreated, these injuries can become permanent, causing degeneration of the spine and leading to a life of constant pain.
If you have reason to believe you or someone you know may have whiplash as the result of an auto accident, immediately stabilize and protect the head so that it cannot be exposed to further injury.
For temporary relief, apply an ice pack to the area to help reduce inflammation and decrease the pain. Apply the ice pack for 15 to 20 minutes at a time, allowing at least 30 minutes between applications.
A WORD OF CAUTION:
These are temporary remedies and not a substitute for immediate professional care. It is important to call to schedule an immediate appointment if you experience any head, neck or back pain following an auto accident.
Call our St Louis Chiropractic Clinic for a Free Auto Accident Consultation at 314-416-8334 today.
St Louis Chiropractor is conveniently located in St. Louis, Missouri near I-55 & I-270